Light Cove At The Corner - Coffered Ceiling Or Hole In The Ceiling

Boxon1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make a recessed or tray or coffered ceiling, but kind of inverted - recessed part should be at the intersection of wall and ceiling, as shown in detail.

I tried all tricks with coffered ceiling, and it want work.

I also tried just to add soffit, I even tried with custom countertop and slab, but there is a problem - I need to add not only hidden zillion lights in light cove, but recessed lights in lowered surface of this new ceiling. In that case, ceiling light just keep jumping to original ceiling, and remain hidden above new recessed object.

Any ideas anybody?

post-1711-0-27593800-1450271144_thumb.jpg

​You will need to set the offset from ceiling in the recessed light fixture DBX. You can also locate the recessed light fixture in an elevation view and drag it down to the underside of the valance. The issue is that the valance is not seen as a true ceiling surface and as such the fixture automatically locates to the real ceiling above.

Graham

You can do it with a soffit in the center. You will have to add details in the section view. The recessed lights insert directly into the ceiling. The cove lights are placed with a ceiling offset or manually dragged into place in section view.

post-95-0-36576100-1450275779_thumb.png

You can do it with a soffit in the center. You will have to add details in the section view. The recessed lights insert directly into the ceiling. The cove lights are placed with a ceiling offset or manually dragged into place in section view.

attachicon.gifcoffer.PNG

That is exactly what I did, but there is another problem - in the middle of the soffit there is a circular hole, with recessed light around, lights are placed outside the circle and recessed into "lower ceiling".

I did it with solids, but it doesn't works really nice. I need to insert lights into that solid, and they keep sticking to the original ceiling, above that solid, even if I move them manually.