How To Make A Macro To Show Stemwall Height

michaelgia

As far as I can see there is no identifier for stemwall height when I select a foundation wall in the ruby macro console.

Is there a nifty way to get a text box which points to a foundation wall to display its stemwall height?

Presently I create varying hatch patterns over the varying foundation walls and a legend which shows the stemwall heights for each. It's not a very automated procedure.

I would love to just have text boxes pointing to each foundation wall and have it return the stemwall height.

Anyone?...

There is nothing in the Wall that identifies the height. The Foundation Room does have an attribute called "stem_wall_height". YOu would need to divide the Floor 0 into several rooms in order to have any chance of doing what you want and I'm not sure it would be possible other than by using a "Room Label"

Don't give up that easily.

Depending on exactly what information you want, a "Special Use" arrow attached to a text box may give you what you want.

This should return the height of the stem wall (ie, top of footing) below Chiefs zero level.

This can be used for slabs, foundation walls, slab footings, stair landings and custom countertops.

These are automatic heights using the Special Use Arrow tool.

post-106-0-00270300-1450071357_thumb.jpg

Not sure what a "special use" arrow is, i'll have to look that up.

Do you mean a text macro that calculates stemwall height as a difference between room/floor elevation and top of footing? If so, as Joe mentioned I would have to create rooms for each varying stemwall height in my foundation.

Or am I missing something?...

You are missing something.

Have a look in the manual for "Special Use Arrow".

"Do you mean a text macro that calculates stemwall height as a difference between room/floor elevation and top of footing?"

If that is what you want, we are on the right track.

"If so, as Joe mentioned I would have to create rooms for each varying stemwall height in my foundation."

Even then, it would not work as you can have different stem wall heights for the different walls forming the room.

Ok page 1024 of X6 manual.

Special Use Arrows - got it.

It only returns the difference in height with floor 0.

Doesn't help if I have different height walls in my foundation.

Of course I only used the indicated example of "Foundation Wall Height 1"

Manual is sketchy as to what other macros I can input.

Is there a list somewhere?

I tried "Stemwall Height" but that didn't work.

Would you be able to tell me what macro you used to get the two different heights in your example?

...please?

Michael,

They are not macros.

This is a hard wired Chief tool.

Of course I only used the indicated example of "Foundation Wall Height 1"

That is just any text in the Text Box - you can type anything and it will display before the auto height.

You need the numeral or a dash to make things work and locate the height.

And yes, height is above or below Chiefs zero level.