Dallas User Group

Designet1

• 2 weeks later...

I know you have made an effort (I have watched you try for years), a more uptone, upbeat approach might attract more than "tired of trying" laments.

Self interest works better with most people.

You might survey the local users you actually know and find out what interests them and then promote your meetings as "having that or those things" as a part of the meetings and thereby breath a little Life into potential meetings.

When we had meetings here in Austin, the sponsor  (Debbie Gray) would do surveys on a regular basis to find out what our members were interested in and then promote that as "what the meeting was about" to me and to the group. I would then make a point to put together a presentation about that subject of interest during the meeting.

I wish you well!

DJP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am in the North Texas area.  I have been using Chief Architect since V10, 2004.  I am interested in getting together occasionally.  I am a self taught user.  I know there are probably lots of ways for me to be more productive in Chief, but unless I don't know how to do it, I just do it my old way.  I am currently running X5.  I have X6, but just haven't made the leap yet.  I swamped with work and can't really afford for any down time.  Are you using X6 and do you like it?

Roy

Roy, you can see David's comments above.  Be happier and ask the local users what they want to learn about.  I knew of 3 users. Someone in Rockwell, married to a framer, therefore a structual expert. A stewardess in Fort Worth who was doing images for people. A building official from Kentucky who was drawing for $.25 and picking up plenty of clients from Craigs List.

I am using Chief 6, and it is fine.  Better 3d than before.

Like you I am busy, because I lost all my employees in the crash of 2008, so I have enough business for the few of us left.

If you get a group together, I would be interested in attending your meeting.

Norm  817.801.8100

I am very new to Chief Architect.  I actually started with it two days ago.  I wanted to join a group to get advice and hopefully learn how to operate this software in some reasonable time.  I am from North Alabama.  There does not seem to be any local groups near me.

• 11 months later...

would like to talk with you.  I have taken cad twice at community college but need something easier and quicker to help me in my home building.  How do we do that 469 774 1262 Roger Hebard

Hey everyone! Dallas user here - seems we're pretty scarce. haha!

Just touching base in the thread. I'd enjoy meeting other users in the area and talking about potential business ventures and ideas.

Check out my work www.lewisconceptualdesign.com Feedback is always welcome!

I haven't been using it for too long but I'm loving CA so far! Glad to be part of the group.

Jimmy

www.lewisconceptualdesign.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ya'll! Another Dallasite here! I am new to Chief and completely self taught and would love to meet other locals to soak up some trade tricks and peer coaching! My husband and I build custom homes in Preston Hollow. As our customer demands have grown, the plans get more complex and detailed. We made the switch from using an outside draftsman to doing all aspects in house and I am learning as I go. I would love to learn some of ya'lls business practices to be more efficient so I can spend less time at the computer and more time playing with my cute 15 month old! waldrop.meg@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Just wondering if I could be part of your group. I just purchased X7 after using Home Design Professional for several years and want to learn the software better. I am part of the Houston area group but always looking to learn more from whoever will show me. The Houston group have a once month Go to Meeting on the first Monday of every month, was wondering if you guys have something similar. Looking forward to talking to you guys. Thanks

Buddy

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I made a facebook group! maybe that will help us all get a little more connected! The group is called "Dallas Area Chief Users Group" Find me and I will add you @megwaldrop !

Hi Meg! I just saw this thread and tried to find the Facebook page but couldn't.

I'm in Allen and I'm also new to CA, having only done a few small remodel jobs and I'm just about to wrap up a large-ish custom house. It's taken me at least three times as long as it would on Autocad, but I've learned lots. Even though that means taking a monumental beating on it money-wise.

I am the person Norm refered to earlier in the conversation. Name is Chanda and I live in Rockwall and have been using CA since V9. I am currently running X7 and am very happy with alot of the upgrades. I am also self taught so as mentioned by a couple others I know my old way but may not be the most productive.

I found the Facebook group. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/491617484321277/

I am the person Norm refered to earlier in the conversation. Name is Chanda and I live in Rockwall and have been using CA since V9. I am currently running X7 and am very happy with alot of the upgrades. I am also self taught so as mentioned by a couple others I know my old way but may not be the most productive.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I have been using Chief since V4.1, and now have X5.  I use Chief only occasionally at this point and haven't had the need to continue upgrading to the newer versions or keeping SSA updated.  Currently, I am working on conceptual design of a new animal shelter.  I moved to the Dallas area two years ago.

• 5 months later...

Hey all. I'm also in Rockwall and a newer user. Would love to meet up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Dallas area users...I am a custom luxury home builder here and I have a prospective client that has requested us to source an architect for this project who is familiar with using CA.  They used this as a tool to collaborate with their previous builder and enjoyed the experience and wish to do it again.  None of the architects we typically work with are CA users.  If this is something you might be interested in, please let me know.

Hey Everybody, Fort Worth here. Been using Chief since version 10. You guys and gals have any questions, I would be glad to help out if I can. The Forums have some great, very knowledgeable people who can also offer help.. DavidJpotter, drawzilla, MarcMc, and of course dshall, All of these guys have been on here a long time. I have been designing engineering and teaching for about 20 something years. So I'll quit rambling and if I can be of assistance, give me a shout.

• 4 months later...

Members Beware, be very careful with this guy Chiefguru1, my son paid him for plans that were denied a permit from the city of Dallas. Parts of plan were missing, you know important parts like electrical. He still hasn’t heard back from him and it’s been almost a month. He already paid him 50% upfront, $350.00 and he won’t return phone calls. I had to call him from my phone number a few weeks ago to see if he would pick up, he did and was totally taken off guard.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...