Multiple Story Wall

LevisL

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

What is the best way to set/show multiple story walls in a plan? I have this wall in my plan that will span across two floors plus a cathedral ceiling.

post-108-0-90659700-1449870258_thumb.png

I want it to show and frame as a single wall, which I believe I've accomplished using the 'balloon through floor above' checkbox. However, since I did that, the wall no longer shows up on the second floor where I had a room defined as 'open below'.

post-108-0-69550900-1449870498_thumb.png post-108-0-16998500-1449870519_thumb.png

Is there a way to have both a single framed wall and show on both floors? I was thinking maybe putting that wall on a unique layer and creating a ref set might be one option. And then just add a text box to replicate the 'open below' room label... just curious if there's any other methods/ideas.  

The program is a mechanical device and you cannot expect it to take two orders and comply them both but what you can do, for plan view is to add a 2D CAD wall on the second floor, perhaps using a dashed line style so you have something there for plan view. The reason it does not show on the second floor is because you ordered it to be on the first floor, so there is where it shows and rightfully so.

DJP

• Downvote 1

The program is a mechanical device and you cannot expect it to take two orders and comply them both 

I understand that and I'm not trying to give it two orders. Since the wall will actually occupy space on the second floor (e.g: if I take a horizontal section at 4ft above the second floor subfloor, the wall will be there), I was wondering if there was way to show it that way without resorting to 2D cad. The second floor plan looks odd without that wall there and I'm sure the contractor and framer will think that too.

• Upvote 1

The program is a mechanical device and you cannot expect it to take two orders and comply them both but what you can do, for plan view is to add a 2D CAD wall on the second floor, perhaps using a dashed line style so you have something there for plan view. The reason it does not show on the second floor is because you ordered it to be on the first floor, so there is where it shows and rightfully so.

DJP

DJP, if you learned that from the manual, you might want to consider tossing the manual.

• Upvote 1