Layout Box Label Question, And Typ Framing Callout With Arrows

tahoebrian5

It's another day with chief and here's where I'm at in life

I've got my roof framing plan sent to layout and I'm using the auto label. I've also got the %box_scale% field after the plan label which is a cool function. Is there anyway to format the scale portion of the label to reduce the font size without affecting the main label?

Second question, i usually callout rafters and joists with a double headed arrow extending across the framing members and have the callout centered on the arrows with something like "2x12 roof joists @ 16" o.c." Is there a smart way to do this or just use text and arrow tools?

One more quicky, I'm just getting ready to start detailing, is there built in detail indicators? This would be something like a circle with editable text inside and a arrow handle off one side similar to a section marker.

Thanks a bunch for helping everyone. I'll try to find a way to contribute back. Maybe I can share some of my structural design spreadsheets if anyone is interested. It's certainly going to be a long time before I can contribute with chief knowledge!

Ok, I got another stumper. I drew some grid bubbles on my floor plan and put them on my exterior dimension lines , as in grid a, grid b, grid 1, etc. I put them on a cad layer and they show up good on the floor plan, and also I turned the layer on for the roof framing and all was good. Now I created a foundation plan at level zero. I can't get any of my cad objects to display despite turning the correct layers on. Help!

You need to select the Grids and copy them (Ctrl_C will work).

Then  go to foundation Plan and right click - Copy Hold Position.

You would need to do this for Floor 2,3, Attic as well.

Framing Labels can be done with macros - either as direct Labels for the framing members or using Leader Line Text.  I have a macro package that I sell for $50 that can be used to Label Framing Plans and Wall Details very quickly based on the Chief Model.

Ok, I got another stumper. I drew some grid bubbles on my floor plan and put them on my exterior dimension lines , as in grid a, grid b, grid 1, etc. I put them on a cad layer and they show up good on the floor plan, and also I turned the layer on for the roof framing and all was good. Now I created a foundation plan at level zero. I can't get any of my cad objects to display despite turning the correct layers on. Help!

If you learn to use ref sets,  you can put grid lines on one level and they will show  up on another level if you understand ref sets.