Color Palette Selection Does Not Match Camera View Display

MarkM1965

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out.  I am working on a project for a client to show different interior color scenarios for their office.  The problem I am having is when I select a color from the color palette and put that color on the wall, when I view the room in the floor camera view the color is way off (not even close).  Example: in the attached image the color picked form the color palette is "cloud", once selected I painted the walls in my drawing with that same color.  You can see how completely different they are.

What am I doing wrong?

How do I get the color to display the same as in the color palette?

Thanks for you help,

Mark

post-8908-0-87215200-1449690383_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the quick response, but I have (40) 4 foot flourescent lights in the ceiling and all are on (light data =  spot light, 2850 lumens (150w), 0 tilt angle, 0 direction angle, 180 deg cut off angle, 1.0 drop off rate, use in both camera and ray trace).

Something else I maybe doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for the quick response, but I have (40) 4 foot flourescent lights in the ceiling and all are on (light data =  spot light, 2850 lumens (150w), 0 tilt angle, 0 direction angle, 180 deg cut off angle, 1.0 drop off rate, use in both camera and ray trace).

Something else I maybe doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Have you thought of posting the plan?

It very much is relevant...

See attached...

Got it,  good demonstration.  So what is the solution?  If you take a picture from with in a room,  the lights in that room are used first...  I think..... 

so if you have less than 8 lights in a room,  all of those lights are turned on for a particular shot take in that room.......  the other 64 lights in the other rooms are not used.  I typically have a couple of user provided lights in each room to get enough light for my render......  please correct me if I am wrong.

Just the plain 'ol rendering only utilizes 8 lights per room...so the other 64 lights are not used.

In RAYTRACING you can have 64 lights and it gathers data from all of them.  That's why a common solution to slow raytracing is to eliminate lights in other rooms that don't directly affect the scene.  Because the software is trying to compute those lights for no reason...

Again...see attached.

post-237-0-19385500-1449694554_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-40223800-1449694559_thumb.jpg

OK, thanks for the info.

I will reduce the number of lights and see what effect that has.

Next I will remove the spray painted walls, then select the wall, open object and change the color in the material option.

I will post my results.

Thanks,

Mark

I tried changing the color of the wall in the object viewer material options and it did not make the color any closer to the color shown in the color palette.

I removed all the lights I had in the office area and started playing with spot lights positioned at the corners of the office.  150w spot lights pointed at the wall still did not produce the color shown in the color palette.

So I just started playing with the "Adjust Material Definition" command and I can get the color close to what i want this way, but a lot of work playing with the red, green and blue numbers along with the hue, saturation and luminecense.

For now I will just keep testing different options and see what works best and most cost effective so i am not spending a ton of time creating colors.

Thanks for all the help,

Mark

Try playing with the material properties.

Try changing the material to a General material and upping the Emissive setting.

How a color looks in real life can be completely different than a color swatch as it is influenced by lighting, shadow, reflection, etc.

Works fine for me as well.  I can only get it to look like yours if I turn the lights off.  I suspect as others have mentioned that it has something top do with your lighting, and as others have also said...attach the plan...it will help do away with a lot of the guesswork. 

post-46-0-77112300-1449815301_thumb.png

post-46-0-74872900-1449815317_thumb.png

Try adjusting the Interior Ambient light setting in the 3D camera view settings. This is equivalent to an overall brightness setting. In Camera View only 8 lights max will be used to brighten your scene and as such there will be a limit to using lights. Also, in Camera View lights are not computed as they are in a RayTrace so surfaces not directly in the light path often appear darker.

Graham