Stacking Decks (Docks) On Top Of Each Other?

keithhe

Kind of a simple question, I suspect. I'm doing a quick boathouse that I will convert to symbol as a background on lake behind actual project house. This exists, so no real structural concerns, just making it look right-ish.  

Problem is I can't stack decks, in this case "docks" on top of each other. Not sure why. I can get the upper or lower right, but not both, as either wipes out the other in every way I have tried this. I know I could probably do one or the other in Poly solids, but don't really want to do that, if I don't have to.

Attached plan shows the upper deck area, and there is dock supposed to be below it, but part directly below goes away when upper goes on. How to handle this?

Not related, but on this plan, is there any way to change the railing on the stair landings? Can't figure out a way to match the walkway/stairs, 4" from surface. You'll see it goes all the way to deck.

Thanks,

Bob Dock for Symbol 2.plan

Hi Dave,

There is/was a deck directly below where the upper deck is. When I put in the upper, the lower goes away, just in part below the upper. (see attached)

As for landing lower rail, I can't change the height of the lower rail, to match a normal walkway or deck type rail. Seems to default to on top of decking. (see attached)

Thanks,

Keith

post-489-0-05032200-1449617188_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-00339900-1449617189_thumb.jpg

Bill,

That was it. So stupid of me. This seems second nature on a home where you are thinking floors (platforms) but for reasons that I can't understand, it just didn't even occur to me on a boat house where "floors" are not really a thought.

Thanks and boy do I feel stupid........