Chief X8 Sneak Preview

HumbleChief

Tommy,

There have been several requests for the ability to "break" a stair section and change the width.  So far, we don't have that and I don't think it will be in X8 - but we can hope.  I'm pretty sure that not everything we want for the Stair Tool will be in X8 so maybe we'll just have to keep requesting and see if we get more in X9.

I'm not sure what this has to do with stairs.

I don't think that post was in response to the complaints about stairs. Frankly, I think a lot of people are being super rude filling this thread up with complaints and requests. Larry started it to share a sneak peek and Chief Sales decided to update us with occasional new sneak peaks and things to look forward to with X8 and the majority of responses have been nothing but complaints and requests for more features... Doesn't really seem like the appropriate time or place. Isn't that what the suggestion forum is for?

I don't think that post was in response to the complaints about stairs. Frankly, I think a lot of people are being super rude filling this thread up with complaints and requests. Larry started it to share a sneak peek and Chief Sales decided to update us with occasional new sneak peaks and things to look forward to with X8 and the majority of responses have been nothing but complaints and requests for more features... Doesn't really seem like the appropriate time or place. Isn't that what the suggestion forum is for?

Oh, my bad, I did not realize this was the sneak a peak thread. Apologies to CA.

I am not Beta testing X8 so I will make my critique when we know the full facts. If we don't want critique in our life then simply don't be in business. We all have people making decisions on what they will use and if we are not up to scratch, they will choose something else. They are the facts of life in business are they not?

That's true, but it doesn't make it any less inconsiderate (especially considering there is another section for suggestions and hijacking threads is generally bad form anyway).

How would you feel if you were really proud of the hard work you put into something and how well it turned out...so you show your client only to hear their first response...

"Why didn't you do this?" Or have them ignore it altogether and instead of saying thank you or nice work...show you something they want you to change somewhere else.

I'm sure Chief can accept all criticism you send their way and they'll invite it even. It doesn't make it any less frustrating or discouraging though.

Like my wife likes to tell our children...pick a better time. Just my opinion.

Anyway, from what I can tell X8 is shaping up to be one of the better upgrades to date.

Good work Chief!

That's true, but it doesn't make it any less inconsiderate (especially considering there is another section for suggestions and hijacking threads is generally bad form anyway).

How would you feel if you were really proud of the hard work you put into something and how well it turned out...so you show your client only to hear their first response...

"Why didn't you do this?" Or have them ignore it altogether and instead of saying thank you or nice work...show you something they want you to change somewhere else.

I'm sure Chief can accept all criticism you send their way and they'll invite it even. It doesn't make it any less frustrating or discouraging though.

Anyway, from what I can tell X8 is shaping up to be one of the better upgrades to date.

Good work Chief!

Yeah I like to be fair, I give praise when it is warrented like with corner windows. I am not hijacking a thread. I am waiting for the full list on X8. We still all have to make decisions about the type of CAD we will go with too.

Good work Chief!

The best of Michael! He honestly put it. That is very kind of you. Good advice that all of us would like it!!

Great work!! they really done it and will look forward to see the next sneak. Hopefully Chiefarchitect X8 will do most of the things we need.

I am not a computer programmer but, I can only imagine it takes quite some time to add a feature or tweak an existing feature and get it working correctly.  Probably hours upon hours of writing code and then executing the source code and testing it for bugs.  Just imagine being forced to go back and use some really old version of CA.  I am new to the software but, watching all the previews, Chief Architect X8 is looking to be a real winner to me.

Programmers get paid well and SSA helps pay them too. CA is a good residential modeling program. Not the only one out there though. To be completely fair the complexity of stair design, especially when it becomes customized can require its on special application. When stairs are automated not too much can be done, if we want to achieve a high level of customization. A major weakness of CA is its limitations to plug in with other 3d modeling apps. CA has great strength with cabinet design with its speed and ease of use but it would be good for it plug into the big leading commercial CAD apps one day, if not with X8 then maybe X9 or XX. Good work so far with X8.