Brick Wall Openings Using Post And Beams

ChiefBe

Hello 

I am trying to open multiple brick walls with large openings supported by posts and beams. The exterior wall will then have multiple adjacent windows, all connected to each other.

However I can't manage to do this with Chief Architect. 

When using a window, he doesn't allow me to continue the window, passing the perpendicular wall.

I tried to use posts and beams, however I can't find a way to say that the upper wall is carried by that post/beam and there's no need to keep a small part of wall to carry everything. 

As pictures say a lot more than words, on the left what I can do, and on the right I would like to do:

Chief Architect 3D-2015-12-05-15-00-39.png

Any advice on forcing ChiefArchitect to draw windows past the perpendicular wall is definitely welcome ! 

Thanks 

post-8853-0-50166400-1449325451_thumb.png

.......As pictures say a lot more than words, on the left what I can do, and on the right I would like to do:

Chief Architect 3D-2015-12-05-15-00-39.png

Any advice on forcing ChiefArchitect to draw windows past the perpendicular wall is definitely welcome ! 

Thanks 

I wonder if X8 will fix this for you.

Thank you very much Joe,

This indeed solved the outside-window problem. Now the windows fit correctly, that's great.

There's still one quirck remaining.

To make the openings in the wall I use a door-opening. (that's how I understood I should do it).

However the door opening cannot reach the complete end of the wall. There's still a small part of the wall remaining. (all framing has been disabled btw)

Chief Architect 3D-2015-12-06-07-45-29.png

post-8853-0-49083700-1449384765_thumb.png

Why do you have a wall running into a window?

Some inside and outside walls are being opened (and carried by posts + beams) to create additional space and light inside the room. 

But then again, the why shouldn't really matter, more the how ;-)

Thanks for the feedback though.