Retaining Walls Not Working With Imported Elevation Data?

tandrasz

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

Hi, 

I'm new to this. I'm using Chief Architect Premier X7. I have imported perimeter and elevation data from a DWG file. It looks correct in the Perspective Full Overview, however when I try to draw a retaining wall all I get is something that looks like a stripe of concrete on the ground (attached) - the terrain does not get broken.  In a new plan with perimeter and elevation lines created manually retaining walls work as expected. 

What am I missing?

Tom

post-8609-0-57759400-1449306533_thumb.png

Here is my plan:

Terrain_good2.plan

Hi, 

I'm new to this. I'm using Chief Architect Premier X7. I have imported perimeter and elevation data from a DWG file. It looks correct in the Perspective Full Overview, however when I try to draw a retaining wall all I get is something that looks like a stripe of concrete on the ground (attached) - the terrain does not get broken.  In a new plan with perimeter and elevation lines created manually retaining walls work as expected. 

What am I missing?

Tom

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-12-05 at 7.08.28 pm.png

Here is my plan:

attachicon.gifTerrain_good2.plan

The plan you posted has no retaining wall

Thanks Scott! I'm getting much better results with the elevation region, but I still must be doing something wrong. Here is the screenshot of mine (lower) vs Mark's (upper):

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-12-07 at 6.14.30 am.png

Mine has these rugged terrain irregularities, while Mark's is smooth.

The plan:

attachicon.gifTerrain_good2.plan

Move your elevation region UNDER THE WALL BY ABOUT 3 inches, that should take care of irregularities.