Porch Edge Material

BryceEngstrom

When you don't have a foundation yet in your plan, Chief will create one for you (in 3d) but it's not in the plan to change it. You've seen it all the time, remove your foundation and take a 3d view, you will see a foundation there.

Nope, not in Exterior wall material either. Yeah, I get what you mean about the "phantom" slab, and that is what I want to change.  You get it when you check Monolithic Slab in the Structure Tab.  Ridiculous that we can't change this material on the fly.  Shouldn't need to have to build a foundation to do it.  Gonna send it in as a bug.

Thanks Perry.

Yeah, I know.  I thought there was a similar problem with Deck room edges, but that there was a way to do it.

And, Chief won't build a foundation for a Porch room at all.  So, I have to do a manual slab, and actually extend it past the Porch wall edge above because the phantom is still there fighting for that surface face.  I have done that on the lower portion of these landscape stairs, but not on the upper one, and not on the larger Porch room connected to the house.  Looks OK from a distance, but a PITA when you go to your elevations and it isn't lined up right. 

Ugh.

post-67-0-17297200-1397842185_thumb.jpg