Dimensions To Window

wingding5

Go to solution Solved by wingding5,

So I have always sized  my windows to the rough opening sizes and then just ordered them a little smaller.  ie  3'x5' window would be framed 3'x5' and my supplier orders a 3'x5' RO (rough opening) thus when it arrives, it comes 1/2" smaller.  35 1/2"x59 1/2".   That is all fine, but that does not work for making the window schedule look right.  All that to be said:  Is there a way to have your dimensions go to the RO size instead of the window?.  I want my dimensions to be spot on for the framer not to where I exactly want the window.  Probably something small that I have been missing all these years, but I have not found it yet.  

THANKS

ANDREW

CH v6-v17 

In the Window Schedule you can list the Size, Width, Height and the R/O.  Typically Size is the item used for ordering which corresponds to Width & Height.  The R/O is larger.

Size:  2640DH ....2'6" wide, 4'0" tall, Double Hung

Width:  30"

Height: 48"

R/O:  32"x50" (1" gap all around) the gap can be set in the Window dbx or in Defaults.

Make sure your window is set up correctly.  Open the window dialog, verify the correct size, then go to the framing tab and verify/change your framed opening size. 

You should be able to get the rough openings dimensioned correctly between the dimension settings (looks correct) and the window framing set up.

Does someone mind verifying this works on their system.  When I set the default to R/O its 1/2" off still.  I couldn't get it to work, but maybe I am missing something.

Johnny,

You need to uncheck "Sides".  "Sides" picks up the side of the window itself,  what you want is just the rough opening.  Because you have both checked, auto exterior dimensions is using one of each. 

Johnny,

You need to uncheck "Sides".  "Sides" picks up the side of the window itself,  what you want is just the rough opening.  Because you have both checked, auto exterior dimensions is using one of each. 

Yep that was it, thanks.  I had thought it needed to be checked for the sides to be dimensioned, but works fine un-checked.

Chief tends to use Check Boxes in a lot of Dialogs where they should use Radio Buttons.  If I was the boss ;) there would be some GUI standards inforced.

Check Boxes are intended for Multiple Choice

Radio Buttons are intended for Exclusive.

But Chief doesn't seem to have any consistency in how they use them.