Passing x-6 plan between Mac & PC

Doug-o

Is anyone doing this?  Is it recommended?  Are there problems?  Thinking about slowly switching platforms from PC to Mac but can't do it all at once and for all the people I pass plans between.  User since V8. Thanks

The same named font on Windows and Mac may not be identical. For example Arial is ever so slightly different on Mac so you can occasionally see extremely minor differences if you get a light table and compare print outs. If you can arrange to do so install the same font on both machines and this shouldn't be a problem. Of course you could get the same issue going between Windows machines as well.

For the most part everything should be seamless.

The same named font on Windows and Mac may not be identical. For example Arial is ever so slightly different on Mac so you can occasionally see extremely minor differences if you get a light table and compare print outs. 

I thought I had noticed that too. I couldn't figure out why it was happening. Wasn't sure if it was a bug. I think it was on the first plan I brought over from the PC version. I used Arial Narrow and whatever the slight difference is between the Mac and PC fonts is was causing the text to wrap just a bit differently. I noticed it when I started printing a plan and some of my title block info was overlapping the borders instead of staying inside. Overall it was very minor, but I did have to make some adjustments.