Aerial view not updating with a layout page change?

DRAWZILLA

I see what you mean.....

It works fine for the Plan, updating to showing the current floor.

In Layout, it only get's updated to the current page when the Layout is reloaded.  IOW, switch from Layout to another view and then back to Layout.  But if the Layout has been placed on another monitor then you have to actually delete the Aerial View and add it back.

This is a bug....  CA needs to fix it - report it.

The width of the drop down boxes for Layer sets and Anno Set only used to update when Layout and Plan view were switched as well.  Don't know if that was fixed, I kind of doubt it.

I don't really know if this would be considered wrong as such, we have always had to close an app and reopen for certain settings to take effect.  But, in this type of situation where views are assumed to be interactive, it just does not seem or feel right.   I guess you could say it is not in keeping with the way someone would expect the aerial view to work.

The difference between a Layout and a Plan is basically just that the Views in the Plan are named Floor 1, Floor 2, etc. and in the Layout they are named Page 1, Page 2, etc.

My guess is that the software is checking for Floor to force the Aerial View update.  Should be an easy fix to add or Page to the code.

Here is the response from T.S., I just got.

Hello Perry,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support, my testing of the Aerial View pane, docked in any position, updates both Plan and Layout views the same. Are you able to reproduce this behavior on a new plan/layout?

These are all new plans, Not sure what this means.

They aren't doing something the way we are.  Maybe they're just testing to see if selecting a region on the Aerial View causes a zoom to the corresponding location on the Layout Page.  The problem for me is that the Aerial View doesn't update when the Page is changed.  I suspect that they are not checking that condition.

Also, if all their layout pages are identical then they wouldn't notice that the aerial view wasn't being updated.

Perry,

I just checked and it's not working for me.

Try this:

1.  New Plan

2. Create a 1st Floor

3. Create a 2nd Floor - slightly different plan

4. Create a Roof Plan

5. Send each of the above to Layout Pages 1,2,3,4

6. Display Layout Page-1 with the aerial view displayed.  It should show Floor 1.

7. Switch to Page 2,3,4 - in each case the aerial view still shows Page-1

8. Move or resize the aerial view - it should show the current page

Here is the response from T.S., I just got.

Hello Perry,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support, my testing of the Aerial View pane, docked in any position, updates both Plan and Layout views the same. Are you able to reproduce this behavior on a new plan/layout?

These are all new plans, Not sure what this means.

Perry,

I was going to point out that the reply from TS says that plan and layout views update OK - this implies that they are only looking at using the AV to change the layout or plan view.

BUT that is not the problem.

The problem is that the Aerial View doesn't update with a layout page change.

They initially missed the problem.