DELETE SHADOWS FROM A RAY TRACE

ChiefLBC

I'm wondering how to delete shadows from a ray trace in a "Perspective Floor Overview" floor plan. I'm trying to use a floor plan for a color rendering presentation but the shadows are overwhelming on the drawing.

Thanks!

Also can chief architect not do a straight on shot from above similar to floor plan view but show the colors of a 3-D ray trace drawing? (like the ones you see in brochures all the time???

post-8727-0-62582500-1448392259_thumb.jpg

Ray Traces are by nature "Light Source Dependent" so you have to select the type of lighting.  In this case, you would not want bright sunlight since it would create strong shadows.  I would probably select "Overcast" and then after the RT was done adjust the Image Properties. 

For the "Overhead View" chose 3D > View Direction > Top

post-47-0-81382500-1448394560_thumb.jpg

Ok, after looking at it a little more...here's what I came up with.

Make sure you place a Sun (draw a north arrow and then draw a sun arrow.  These can both be found under the plain 'ol CAD>Lines menu).

Then if you open up the Sun and go to "Lighting Data" on the left, under that you'll see "Cast Shadows".  Uncheck that, and do your 3D view again.

From there you can run your raytrace.

See attached results...I didn't setup my materials or raytrace very well, but you get the idea.

post-237-0-94630600-1448394887_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-03358100-1448394894_thumb.png

I just saw that myself Jonathan...works great now except it doesn't show windows and doors well in the "Orthographic Floor overview because your looking at it staright on instead of a slight angle like the "Perspective Floor Overview"

But its really starting to look good now.