Reading the Reference Manual

Electromen

I just received the printed Reference Manual.  I'm going to read all 1,244 pages, starting on page one.  It'll take me months but I'll do it.

Has anyone else done this?

The reference manual is my best friend I have spent many hours with the toilet and the manual. I copied mine but I need to get it in a book because mine takes up 7 binders. It will not be getting any literary awards anytime soon.

The reference manual is my best friend I have spent many hours with the toilet and the manual. I copied mine but I need to get it in a book because mine takes up 7 binders. It will not be getting any literary awards anytime soon.

The book is 7 1/2" wide, 9 1/2 long and about 2" thick.  I think it's worth the $60 to have it in book form.

Greg:

I came close with ver 10

tried to get a real understanding of what tools/features were available

but to really understand them you have to try them, each and every setting

that would take a few ages

I suggest concentrating on the tools you use or think you will use with most projects

and get them down "pat"

then learn something new until you have it "pat"

then the next

that also will take ages but probably won't melt the brain that way :)

because before you can master X6,  X7 will arrive and then X8

you can never "master" chief - way too complicated

increase understanding - yes

master - no

Lew

A toilet manual Genius idea. I have no idea what to do with my hands most of the time, and by the way, after 7 years of learning Chief, I still learn

something every day. You will never stop learning, its just too much.

Count me in!  I just received the X6 ref. manual about two weeks ago.  I figure since I paid big buck for the software I may as well try to get the most out of it. I also purchased the User's Guide.  I am terribly unimpressed by the User's guide.  I would advise to not buy User's Guide, if it weren't for the 'Roofs' tutorial. I found it to be more hinderance than help. 

The book is 7 1/2" wide, 9 1/2 long and about 2" thick.  I think it's worth the $60 to have it in book form.

It used to be part of your upgrade, oh well progress is great. I don't remember the price going down when they stopped giving us a manual.

or the price of SSA could have gone up even more ???

I buy the manuals and hardware lock with each release

it was the cost of doing business

now that I am retired and only using chief for personal preservation projects

I plan to continue upgrading for now

its not that expensive to stay current

the future ???

Lew

• Upvote 2