Bug with upgrade 16.2.0.47x64

JeanTurcotte

Hi, 

I installed the last upgrade 16.2.0.47x64 on my desktop and also on my Laptop and discover a bug when I switch Chief windows. Every time I enter on any 3D windows, the screen is blinking when I'm clicking on display (see attached video file). The upgrade is not yet installed on my computer's technician and the bug is not present on his computer.

I opened a ticket with support and did alot of verifications and tests without any results but they finally transfered the issue to development staff (sound no good for me). I ask you guy if somebody experiment this kind of problem to help me cause the release 16.1.1.9x64 is also full of strange bugs and maybe fixed in the last release.

I joined alot of files to help you to anderstand what my problem is. You have files concerning the upgrade 16.1.1.9x64 and the other with 16.2.0.47x64

It was a real deception for me to do the X6 upgrade cause I never had any problem with earlier releases in the past. I think the development guy forgot some steps with this X6 and was not ready for wide distribution. :wacko: 

Thank's

3D display bug with X6.zip

"The upgrade is not yet installed on my computer's technician and the bug is not present on his computer."

Does he have the exact same hardware, video card, drivers, and preference settings on his machine?  If not, then this does not really prove that it has anything to do with the update. 

The only thing that really matters is that if it worked for you with 16.1 and it doesn't work in 16.2 (on the same machine with the same drivers and settings). 

I'm not seeing this kind of problem.  I bet it's related to your video card.  You might try updating your video card drivers to see if that helps.  If it doesn't, you should continue to work with tech support to see if they can help you solve it.

I'm seeing it on my laptop on the first selection click in a 3D view. After that it no longer blinks. It is pretty annoying. It is much more noticeable if you have a larger area of darker textured stuff like a terrain. On my machine this only occurs once after the view is activated and then seems to behave correctly from then on. This seems to be a Chief problem, although updating your drivers is probably a good thing to do in any case.

It gets noticeably worse the larger, more complex your model gets.  I use a primary>offshoot workflow, and my primary models can get pretty beasty--upwards of 180MB (I know, it defeats the purpose of using offshoots).  So, it gets noticeable on that first click into 3D or after repositioning in 3D.

jon

Perry, lol, love your sense of humor. :D

Im trying to down load the update and its saying i have the lastest.

When i look at my version i have, 16.1.1.9x64, lol

Never seen that before, try T.S. I guess you could re-download it and install just in case you got a corrupt one.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm seeing it on my laptop on the first selection click in a 3D view. After that it no longer blinks. It is pretty annoying. It is much more noticeable if you have a larger area of darker textured stuff like a terrain. On my machine this only occurs once after the view is activated and then seems to behave correctly from then on. This seems to be a Chief problem, although updating your drivers is probably a good thing to do in any case.

For some reason, the latest upgrade is causing this "blinking" behavior for me. Either I didn't notice it before, or it's much worse. Anybody found a way to stop it? I find it incredibly annoying.

Brian, 

In fact, the problem is coming from changing of 2D display and 3D display. You can change the background to dark grey oy black to see it when you are coming back to 2D display. Don't forget to use select tool tool and click on screen object to see the magic firework.

Jean

We have thus far been unable to reproduce the problem.  One hypothesis is that something about the way your UI is configured (toolbars, dockable windows, etc) is causing the flicker.  A screenshot of your Chief window would help us replicate that configuration and potentially reproduce the problem.