Free 3D plants & flowers

ED-209

Hi everyone,

Do any of you know a good place to get 3d plants & flowers? Most of the 3D warehouse offerings are 2D, and the other sites don't seem to be much better. 

I'm mainly after UK wildflowers (very niche, I know), and I've got no budget either, so they need to be free.

Tall order, but I'm hopeful

Thanks,

Ed

They've only got 3 free flowers on their whole site, and one of those is 2d. Everything else they want WAY too much money.

Xfrog is a company. It's employees expect a paycheck. Most of their assets are used by professionals for commercial work that generates income. Have you EVER tried to model a flower or a tree? Not easy - though you could use Xfrog's excellent software for windows, only US $190, and create your own. If you monitor Xfrog's site they will periodically offer even more free stuff. Get on their mailing list if you want to be emailed offers. And I would assert that if you can invest US $2700 in Chief Premier, then you can afford US $169 for a flower bundle.

This is obviously very subjective.  Maybe you should try making those 3D flowers and see what its worth to you to create them. 

I get that, it's not like they're conjured out of thin air. I just think that once the work is done, it's done: if it's £100, ten people might buy it, but if it's £1 then thousands of people might buy it. It's not like they're drawing it to order.

Xfrog is a company. It's employees expect a paycheck. Most of their assets are used by professionals for commercial work that generates income. Have you EVER tried to model a flower or a tree? Not easy - though you could use Xfrog's excellent software for windows, only US $190, and create your own. If you monitor Xfrog's site they will periodically offer even more free stuff. Get on their mailing list if you want to be emailed offers. And I would assert that if you can invest US $2700 in Chief Premier, then you can afford US $169 for a flower bundle.

Not if it was your very LAST $2,700...plus my boss is too stingy to buy anything else.

Not if it was your very LAST $2,700...plus my boss is too stingy to buy anything else.

Yeah, I understand that technology budgets are never given the priority they deserve. The nice thing about assets like the Xfrog plants and trees is that they never expire - no annual licensing fees - you buy it, you own it. I also understand that the boss usually expects more than a most employees can deliver within a reasonable time frame and budget. All you can do is explain to your boss that if he wants pretty flowers and trees, he needs to pay for them.

Have you tried looking at Chief's Bonus 3D plant library's?...I'm fairly certain they have a whole library dedicated to 3D plants...

I don't think we got a bonus library, if we did it's not here (I'm working from home on a crappy desktop) I'm using a trial copy. Is there somewhere I can download it from?