changing ceiling heights in 1 room

Lori123

I cant seem to change the ceiling height in the family room without changing all the rooms?? I have an open concept kitchen, family room, dining room with 8' ceilings but I need the family room (fireplace wall) to be a 12' ceiling and not a flat ceiling more of( ^ )this type of ceiling.post-4958-0-40523400-1447783464_thumb.jpgpost-4958-0-06950700-1447783466_thumb.jpg

anyone have any suggestions that would be great

I was told by a user on the forum, the best way to do this is to make the room you wish to have the higher ceiling a two story (I assume using the KB for doing a cape cod style) making the second floor open below, setting the wall heights to achieve the over-all ceiling height you want (12') that way your exterior finishes  will not be interrupted (causing quirky unfinished appearing siding etc). I know, this sounds crazy to me, and I haven't actually done this so I am not sure if it works at all.

Lori,

How are you trying to change the ceiling height?...through the Default Settings, or double clicking in the individual room?

If you change through the default settings, then it will change the whole plan.  If you double click the individual room then it will change only that room.

Also, make sure that the room dividers are forming an actual closed room.  Sometimes those little buggers can be tricky...