Issue with Suppressing Casing and sheetrock wrapping "nub" walls

HDsquared

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hi everyone - 

It's been a while... I'm hoping one of you awesome Chief gurus can help me out. I fought the upgrade to X7 but finally bit the bullet for my latest project. I'm working on modeling the AS-BUILT and everything's been going along well until I tried to suppress the casing on a couple of arched interior doorways. I can see the stud material peeking through instead of nice clean sheetrock. Also, when I created a nub wall, the end showed the Doug Fir stud material - the sheetrock simply wouldn't wrap the exposed end. I haven't come up against this before and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. There are no invisible walls creating odd intersections. For the doorways I tried setting the casing to zero. This created a smoother look but then the molding doesn't wrap around the doorway opening. I know I can create a molding polyline to fix this but it really shouldn't be this hard!

I searched the forum and can't any other threads indicating this issue. Am I the only one? :( 

Any help is much appreciated.

Suzy

• Solution

I think its your wall definition.  You've added a layer (presumably a paint color) with a zero thickness on each side of the wall.  That zero thickness layer is what's wrapping the end of the wall.  Delete that layer or increase the thickness and the framing covers.

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much. That was exactly what it was. It's funny, I've never done that before but with the new interface I thought what the heck - I'm tired of having materials called "dry wall-painted whipped cream", etc. Thank you again for figuring it out for me! Much appreciated.

• 1 year later...
On 11/15/2015 at 0:47 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

I think its your wall definition.  You've added a layer (presumably a paint color) with a zero thickness on each side of the wall.  That zero thickness layer is what's wrapping the end of the wall.  Delete that layer or increase the thickness and the framing covers.

Could you please elaborate on "increase the thickness and the framing covers" ?