Rake fascia sq cut open tails

ebdesign

Thanks Scott.

I've tried everything I can think off Scott. I've changed those settings numerous x's.

Can you do it?

For right now I'm just deleting the gable fascia surface before updating the elevations.

There is not both a gable fascia & a gable sub fascia.

& why is the gable fascia flat across like that?

IOW,  the gable end fascia will not be any lower than eave fascia.....  if you want a deeper gable end fascia and still maintain a 1/16x1/16 eave fascia,  use the GABLE END SUBFASCIA,  in lieu of a GABLE END FASCIA....  I don't get it,  but that is how it works.

IOW,  the gable end fascia will not be any lower than eave fascia.....  if you want a deeper gable end fascia and still maintain a 1/16x1/16 eave fascia,  use the GABLE END SUBFASCIA,  in lieu of a GABLE END FASCIA....  I don't get it,  but that is how it works.

Yep that's what I do also

Thanks a lot guys. Whatever works for now........

Perry,

I'm not following. This is a copper standing seam roof w/ a raised metal ridge cap.

Is it too tall you say?

I appreciate the help.

No, I'm talking about the rafter and ridge/ hip framing as you can see in your pic. The ridge shows through the gable wall and you shouldn't see it below the rake or fascia boards, it should reduce like rafters do. This has been this way forever and we have put in many requests over the years.

I gotcha now Perry.

Thank you very much everybody. I had to get it out the door so it was a lot of edit layout work.

But I am playing w/ all your suggestions now,

Some of the issues:

• there is no "normal" fascia, shadowboard, or soffit anywhere; just the rake
  • exposed rafter tails
  • no full rafter to the defined overhang over the gable end walls
  • a frieze tucked up under the roof sheeting
  • sq cut tails
  • 4x4 gutters that followed that rafter tail cut (can anybody get that auto?)
  • 4 different roof slopes to deal w/
  • rafters were 2'oc from each rake edge w/ 2' standing seam roof pattern aligned w/ rafter tails
  • 12"oc B&B wall siding also aligned under tails.

On the elevations, there's only a couple inches of the tail seen below the gutter.

Sounds like fun, eh?

Hi RayC. Thanks for taking a look. Been a while since .........

Jim,

For the Gutter, create a Molding Profile at the correct angle.  Assign that as the Gutter in the Roof Defaults.  For some reason Chief didn't give us the ability to change the Gutter on an individual Roof Plan Basis.  That object is just missing from the dbx.

After changing the default gutter, just edit the roof plane and the new gutter will be applied.

Joe,

I had to make 4 different sq gutter molding profiles, one for each slope, & individually assign horizontal & vertical offsets for each one.

I ended up just doing it manually w/ molding plines assigned to the fascia elev & then offsetting for each slope.

Fun, fun fun.

Better way? 

Joe,

I had to make 4 different sq gutter molding profiles, one for each slope, & individually assign horizontal & vertical offsets for each one.

I ended up just doing it manually w/ molding plines assigned to the fascia elev & then offsetting for each slope.

Fun, fun fun.

Better way? 

Probably not. 

I

Hi RayC. Thanks for taking a look. Been a while since .........

Yes it has:-) semi retired still taking on a few jobs,,, Chiefs come a long way for sure.

The other board gets very little activity, Eric still over there now and then causing trouble (joking)

• Upvote 1