Designjet 500 work with Windows 10?

Lighthouse

I have an older HP Designjet 500 that works fine with windows 7&8.  I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 (for other reasons), but am concerned that the printer won't work with 10.  I've had bad experiences in the past where I've had to abandon printers after upgrading Windows, as there is no driver support.   Does anyone have this plotter, and can you use it with 10? 

thanks

David,

I have a designjet 500 and have gone to windows 10 and have had no problems.

Had this printer cleaned and a new cable installed last winter and asked the guy then about win 10 and he said then it would be OK but that hp is going to suspend support of this model soon.Ordered another cable at that time to be sure I could make as much out of this machine as possible. The guy told me the 500 has been just to good a machine.

Have a great week end coming up,Ken

• 1 month later...

David,

I have a designjet 500 and have gone to windows 10 and have had no problems.

Had this printer cleaned and a new cable installed last winter and asked the guy then about win 10 and he said then it would be OK but that hp is going to suspend support of this model soon.Ordered another cable at that time to be sure I could make as much out of this machine as possible. The guy told me the 500 has been just to good a machine.

Have a great week end coming up,Ken

Ken, 

What driver are you using with your DJ 500 and Wind. 10.  I can not print from Chief at all but can print from .pdf.  Adobe can do it but not Chief.   Any other idea's someone has would be great.   Chief just gives me a "Low DPI 0"  error and does not work.  Support says they can do anything for me, even thou I have no problem with other programs..... 

thanks,

andrew

Ch6-Ch17