Window as Gable Vent

rlackore

I'm trying to use a louvered window as a gable vent. It works fine when square or arched, but if I change the shape to match the roof pitch the upper portion of the louver(above the springing) disappears. Can anyone confirm this is a known behavior, or if they've had success with this technique?

post-95-0-58838900-1446646442_thumb.png

Vents are a "Special Window Symbols" and don't have the "Shape" capabilities of regular Windows.  Note that when you place a Window there's no option to specify that it's a "Vent".  You can use a "Louvered" Window, but it's not going to be Labeled as a Vent.

OTOH, I don't get the problem that Robert is having with a Louvered Window.  I did this in X7.  What version was Robert using?

post-47-0-91280100-1446654474_thumb.jpg

Michael,

All I did was check both the right and left corner boxes.  There's no "Flat Spot" at the top - the left and right offsets are automatically limited by Chief so that the inside of the frame meets at a single point.

Ya, I realized that when I was messing around with it myslef.  I was just trying to point out that its still buggy.  Whether that little flat spot is a result of a limitation or not, point is that there needs to be a little flat spot.  As soon as any shape comes to a peak...KABLAM!!!  louvers disappear.