PDF to layout sheet

RayCas

Hi

End of the day trying to finish a plan up and never fails,,,,,, printing problem's

I drag and dropped a couple of PDF eng. reports onto the last layout page of the plan,,,, causing all sorts of memory problems with my HP500 hp /gl2 card.

Having the same problem printing to every PDF printer on this machine

I guess my question is, any way to decrease the size of those files, I tried turning them into jpegs thinking it might help but no go...

great feature,,,, if it works

this is in X6, last one I had kicking around b 4 I moved up to X7

TIA

It may have nothing to do with X6 or X7 but well may be about the total RAM on your PC to service and support PDF and images. I have never  had this problem since importing of PDF files first started but our PC's probably do not match in terms of hardware. I would first suspect that before I would suspect the software.

DJP

Hi Dave

don't normally have a problem with ram on this machine,,, 12 gigs

From layout I went to select printer and found an entry in the printer list "Save as PDF" , never notice it before and don't know where it came from, dah, anyway it created the pdf almost instantly unlike the other pdf printers I tried that bogged down,,,who knew! "-)

sending the pdf to the 500 works I just leave out the layout page with the pdf's on it and print that page by it's self.... phew

thanks for the reply

Perry, yes I switched to that earlier with some success,,,,, but o so sloooow

tnks

Ray,

Not everyone has a problem with PDF's but I have had a lot of problems and found a solution that works for me in the thread below. I have to print to PDF because my older HP 110 doesn't have enough memory for a lot files, pics and PDF's. Not sure it will help you but might be worth a try.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/7009-done-with-pdfs-heres-an-alternative/

• Upvote 1