Eve and bird box problem

DianeP

Can anyone help me figure out why my bird box isn't forming and the roof  plane looks like it is dropping down about 1" past the eve?  I work in X5 full version Chief Architect.

Open the roof plane,   check the size of your shadow board,  in the pic I deleted the shadow board....  if you want a shadow  board,  make it smaller than what you specify and it should look better.  

2 pics,  one with no shadow board,   one pic with smaller shadow board. 

post-50-0-31581500-1446476992_thumb.png

post-50-0-51280000-1446477010_thumb.png

Open the roof plane,   check the size of your shadow board,  in the pic I deleted the shadow board....  if you want a shadow  board,  make it smaller than what you specify and it should look better.  

2 pics,  one with no shadow board,   one pic with smaller shadow board. 

Such an easy fix.  Thanks!!  Any way to have the freize removed from the brick gable but keep in on the siding gable that abuts it?  In other words, the left roof plane would have part with and part without the frieze.  

Any way to have the freize removed from the brick gable but keep in on the siding gable that abuts it?  In other words, the left roof plane would have part with and part without the frieze.

In X7 yes....simply select the roof plan and tell it to place on eave and/or gable. In X5, you will have to do it manually I believe.

Such an easy fix.  Thanks!!  Any way to have the freize removed from the brick gable but keep in on the siding gable that abuts it?  In other words, the left roof plane would have part with and part without the frieze.  

Yeah,  you need two roof  planes,  one roof plane over front gable with no frieze,  the second roof plane,  the big one,  with a frieze.....  two roof planes is the answer.  Note the orange roof over front roof with  no frieze.

post-50-0-16484600-1446478185_thumb.png

In X7 yes....simply select the roof plan and tell it to place on eave and/or gable. In X5, you will have to do it manually I believe.

Not the correct answer because Joey is talking eaves and gable ends,  the OP is talking about the two gable ends,  she is not referring to any eave conditions.

Yeah,  you need two roof  planes,  one roof plane over front gable with no frieze,  the second roof plane,  the big one,  with a frieze.....  two roof planes is the answer.  Note the orange roof over front roof with  no frieze.

Perfect!  Thanks a bunch!!!