Bugs on latest Chief X7 update?

CARMELHILL

I downloaded the update tonight for build 17.3.2.2x64 onto my home computer and I immediately noticed it running a little slower, but it's a 5 year old machine. Vista 64 bit.

But more importantly, none of my trees are showing up in 3d views. All layers are on and the trees are there in the plan view, but not any 3d views. I am trying to update my Plants through Update Library Catalogs to see if that makes a difference.

I also couldn't get a bow window to model correctly. Some weird things going with it also.

I also just noticed that some other items used from the library are not showing up.....I have a 9/12 millwork roof eave that shows up in elevation and 3d, but not in plan view. And all layers are on.

EDIT: I just found the bug. The plants only show up in 3d once you render the 3d image. The program has to be pushed to render them in.

EDIT 2: I just had my first program crash in two months. I guess I won't update the office computer tomorrow.

Anyone else?

Ed, have you performed a hard reboot (power down, unplug, remove battery (if any), push power button 4 or five times (or wait five minutes)) since installing the CA update?  I've found that when I get operational anomalies after a software install/update, that about 80% of the time, a hard reboot will fix what's ailing the box.

jon

It's gotta be a problem with my home computer because the office is running the same build and I didn't see the problem replicate this morning. I'll review it again on Sunday night, unless it's an operating system flaw. The office is Windows 8.1 x64 while the home is Vistax 64.

Why are you still running Vista and Win8?  Both of your systems should be ale to run Win10 and it's much better.

One thing you might check on the Laptop is whether the Nvidia graphics is actually in control.  That can be customized in the Nvidia Control Panel.  Sometimes the Intel HD Graphics gets control - don't know why but that's often a problem.