Looking for Orange County,CA Engineer to Collaborate on Jobs

StudConstruction

We recently started using CAx7 to design and build all of our jobs requiring plans but often run into situations needing the stamp of an engineer. We need to find an engineer that would be able to use the work we've put into producing the design and layout files to produce their set and collaborate with us in the process. Our typical requirements are for small home additions and random structural approvals as required by the building department. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who is, please let me know. I am also fairly new to CAx7 (background is Revit/ACAD/Rhino) so there may be a bit of a learning curve on the front end as I get over my "bad habits". 

Kurt Snyder

studCONSTRUCTION

Designer/Draftsman

kurt@studconstruction.net

So you know, I really dont think many engineers use CA, so its doubtful you'll find someone from this forum that can integrate the way you're seeking.  Your best bet is to export into dwg and then import their work...which will increase your options.

I work with quite a few engineers here in the OC. In Orange, Santa Ana and Lake Forest.

Like David said, I send them my DWGs and PDFs and let them do their thing.

PM me if you like or email me at andytardif@gmail.com 714-412-0371

Andy.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'm a licensed PE and in the process of switching over to CA. I'm also in the process of seeing a lot of work come in the door. I'm definitely interested in collaborating but I'm in Reno so you guys would have to do any site work for me. I can do inspections via video though so it could work out. Give me a shout.