Move stair rail to align with wall?

conwaynorth1

I finally understood what you were asking. I think you are asking how to get the railing to change its inset position from the outer edge of the step or staircase edge.

Am I right?

I guess whenever you tried pulling the edge of the staircase in so that the railing lines up in the middle of your landing wall it would also move the wall under the staircase causing it to become offset from your landing wall.

I'm so proud of myself but unfortunately I don't have an answer. I would love it if you reform halted your question and possibly included a plan with some mark ups better describing your problem.

I would love to know how to change that offset distance of the railing to step edge.

I've never seen a question go unanswered on this forum providing the question was formulated properly.

this can be done as a double stair.  I have my main stair at 39" wide, and I've specified no railing on the lower section.  I've copied the lower section and have unchecked auto heights, and have specified the correct riser heights. with this copied flight, I drag the right edge in about two inches, and then specify a railing on the right.

post-62-0-83050100-1446417263_thumb.jpg

two stairs.plan