DECK CONNECTION TO WEB FLOOR TRUSS

payettedesigns

Does anyone have a detail of how a deck connects to web floor truss. 

Hand drawn (you can make your own CA cad detail) detail showing a deck

connected to house floor framing with HDs. and threaded rods.

From a project two years ago drawn by a local architect.

post-138-0-85937500-1445830293_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have a detail of how a deck connects to web floor truss. 

Do you mean an open web truss, or an i-joist? The previous answers address an i-joist scenario. If we're talking about an open web truss, then the answer depends on whether the deck attaches perpendicular to the trusses or parallel to the trusses, as well as how the end bearing condition is fabricated/detailed. Open web trusses provide superior cantilever lengths and options, depending on the depth of the truss. Can you post a drawing or picture of what you are trying to achieve? 

Up here in Southeast Alaska we don't use ledger boards anymore to attach decks - we use the Maine Deck Bracket http://deckbracket.com/ - here in Ketchikan our record rainfall is over 202"

That's a pretty cool product Gary. Did you run into any code or engineering problems when spec'ing that bracket? I live in CA and never know what to expect if I were to spec that product on a job.

I have spec'ed open joist trusses that do provide for a 1 1/8" LVL rim joist, but most do not.

In my experience the ribbon board can be specified for any depth - the bigger problem is that they are primarily for alignment, so if you spec a bigger ribbon board and need it for structural attachment of an exterior ledger, then you also need to specify to the framer how to attach the ribbon board to the trusses.