roof and other issues

giovanes

hello guys,

these topics are really awesome. lots of ideas and fixes were helping me. nevertheless, I've been working on this project (trying to move in the virtual world a house that I would by in the very next future) for two weeks already and some things are still giving me hard time. There are few things that you guys might help me. I'd appreciate that:

1. the roof - I cannot control the roof shape and position. I attached the design made in CA X7 and two pictures with the real world house, As you might get from the CA file, the roof that I got is straight, horizontal positioning while it must look like in the real world images. Another thing is that the roof should contain a chimney smoke evacuation pot (flagged in the real world front picture). I drawn a 40x40 cm wall in the second floor room (the room door is right in the front of the stairs). I have no idea how to deal with such things that relates to the roof topic as well

2. the balcony on second floor on the front side of the house - Is there anything special to such constructions? I mean, should I draw a floor extension and make it look like the real balcony (in the picture is not finished yet. There is still a work in progress on it). How to deal with it?

3. the foundation - In both the front and back pictures you might figure out the first (ground) floor is elevated at around 50-55 cm from the earth. The house has no basement. How can I control this 50-55 cm distance from the earth, that actually is part of the foundation. The foundation is around 1500 cm (1,5 m). 1 m below the ground and 0, above on this distance between the earth and the house first floor. I tried to control this distance bot not able. Would you please let me know how to?

4. the house front stairs - From the front figures you notice those 3 stairs that cover the distance from the earth to the first floor I discussed about on the point 3

5. there is a sidewalk around the house - I drawn the right side walk. Is that the right approach? If so, I'll go around the house with it.

6. the back platform - from the back real world house picture you notice the back platform that I would need to build. the figure contains the dimensions. The platform roof is the worst element to approach for me.. Any help?

7. the CA stairs - In the 3D stairs picture I flagged two elements that I cannot cover with parquet. I tried many things, options. no change. I can't handle it.

8. the CA front side of the house - In the CA 3D picture there is a horizontal line (part of the room floor side) that I'd want to have it covered with the same material like the other exterior walls

9. there are cut outs on the wall around the windows or walls - as example, the biggest one is around the back right door of the house. Please check the 3D_wall_cut_around_the_doors.jpg file to get my point. This thing happens often with other doors as well.

So ... quite some issue. However, I decided to put everything together in a single email to make easier to follow.

I am looking forward to any help that you might offer. Thx a lot

X7_home_design.plan

post-8218-0-20197100-1445759121_thumb.jpg

post-8218-0-03827700-1445760159_thumb.jpg

post-8218-0-20529500-1445759144_thumb.jpg

post-8218-0-10551700-1445759159_thumb.jpg

post-8218-0-06518300-1445759170_thumb.jpg

I am using the default wall/floor/ceiling type definition. I mean, I cannot confirm I did a change on my own. That's why I posted the design file as well because is easier to you to figure it out such things. I just started working with 3D chief architect around one month ago so many things are still transparent to me. Not sure of what effect every single option produces. Thx for your reply. I will try to figure it out.

1. Select the end walls, open the Object Specification dialog box, then check the box for Roof>Roof Options>Full Gable Wall, and Structure>Default Wall Heights>Default Wall Top Height. When you close the dialog box the roofs will auto-rebuilt to gables.

post-95-0-47973500-1445864162_thumb.pngpost-95-0-44623100-1445864168_thumb.png

Then you'll have to adjust the attic walls as necessary and apply the exterior wall covering to match the second floor walls.

3. Select the Terrain Perimeter, open the Terrain Specification dialog box, then un-check General>Building Pad>Subfloor Height Above Terrain>Automatic, and enter 550mm into the box. This will place the terrain 55cm below the first floor elevation.

post-95-0-60054500-1445865144_thumb.png

1. I did it but the wall is turning straight corners. I tried to change the wall corner and the roof remained unchanged as you might see in the picture. I need the roof to follow the blue line. Full gable apparently doesn't solve the problem. I tried to manually reshape the roof but here I feel lost. I couldn't. Would you send me an example of the construction I am looking for? Meaning the roof on the blue line and the vertical gable wall with cut down corner. thx

post-8218-0-48327400-1445918708_thumb.jpg

1. Select the end walls, open the Object Specification dialog box, then check the box for Roof>Roof Options>Full Gable Wall, and Structure>Default Wall Heights>Default Wall Top Height. When you close the dialog box the roofs will auto-rebuilt to gables.

attachicon.gifq1.PNGattachicon.gifq1a.PNG

Then you'll have to adjust the attic walls as necessary and apply the exterior wall covering to match the second floor walls.

1. I did it but the wall is turning straight corners. I tried to change the wall corner and the roof remained unchanged as you might see in the picture. I need the roof to follow the blue line. Full gable apparently doesn't solve the problem. I tried to manually reshape the roof but here I feel lost. I couldn't. Would you send me an example of the construction I am looking for? Meaning the roof on the blue line and the vertical gable wall with cut down corner. thx

attachicon.gifwall.jpg

If I understand correctly you want to keep the roof ridge height and  steepen the pitch to achieve a knee-wall condition. Select the roof plane, open the Roof Plane Specification dialog box, Check General>Height/Pitch/Lock Ridge Top Height, then enter the desired Roof Pitch, click OK. The final step is to adjust the lower gable roof plane intersection.

post-95-0-81075300-1445949394_thumb.png