changing a site plan

DaleU1

Building dept. called me yesterday and wants me to change my site plan.

my current site plan shows existing floorplan of house.

They want me to show "proposed" floorplan. Is there a way I can omit the existing floorplan of the house and replace it with the proposed, without loosing or having to re-draw the entire exterior showing landscaping, parking, north pointer, etc. ?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Dale

Dale can't you save the plan you have know and name it whatever you called it and add existing to the file to save it under that name the open the first file and name it proposed and then make the changes to the propoes plan and you don't loose any thing or you can do as suggested using the layer tool

I always have 2 plans, one new and one existing, that way I can send both to the layout . I first draw the existing and save as existing, then continue with the new portion and that's the plan that I cut cameras and sections from. Of course, all that is already sent to the layout and generates as I draw it. Fast and easy once set up.

And if the homeowner completely changes their mind , I can start over with the existing plan or use the existing plan for a different job the has the same floor plan as the first one. I have done that a lot.

Without seeing your plan or plans this is just a stab in the dark, but I'm assuming you have 2 different plans for existing and proposed.  If you were already using layers I assume you would have known the answer.  If my assumptions are correct, I would probably do the following...

1.  Do a Save As of the "existing" giving it a new name like "Existing Temp" or whatever you want and delete the house (or portion thereof) that you need to replace.

2.  Do a Save As of the "proposed" giving it a new name like "Proposed Temp" or whatever you want and delete everything that you might not need (can skip this step if there's nothing extra in that plan).

3.  Make sure all your layers are turned on and Select All.  Now Cut or Copy and then Paste Hold Position into your previously cleaned up "existing" plan. 

4.  As long as everything above went smoothly, you can rename your new file(s), delete the temporary versions, and then relink your layout views as necessary.