** screened porch **

mikesmith

what is the easiest way to create a screened window ?

why isn't a screened window one of the choices in "window types " ?

if I go to various sites and use a search function " screened porch".. I get " no results "

I know this must be pretty basic but it is not coming thru

Years ago we used to do all kinds of things with window lites.  I forget who it was, but he was making all kids of things with windows and grille configurations. This was back in version 3 or so. 

For screen porches now, I use a 1" thick wall, white color material and insert  windows with no casing and a screen material for the glass.  I make my own posts and beams. Works pretty well.

post-501-0-27474200-1445135856_thumb.jpg

post-501-0-22265800-1445135870_thumb.jpg

post-501-0-21173700-1445135877_thumb.jpg

post-501-0-35372600-1445135884_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike. I am doing a lot of porches lately - those were both last week, so getting them out fast is becoming a priority. I gave up using rail walls and use the 1" thick blank wall for a room definition and contain the window/screens. I may add a rail inside the 1" wall if required, but I will set it at no room definition or bring one in as a symbol. I use a slab over the floor for concrete floors.  The frame one has the deck overhang increased to come out to the posts. I may play with the lite setting on my windows - I do miss the look of screen in vector views. Seems like there used to be limit on how many lites one could put in a window - maybe they have increased that.

Charlie, do you use the framing posts and beams or just p-solids. I do a porch or veranda on almost every plan (we have a lot of bugs and wind here) and am trying to find a way to do these consistently and have them look right in 3D and plan view.

Is there a reason for not using actual posts and beams? They can have labels etc. for con docs. (Joe's post macros work great.) I do know there is usually a bit of conflict with the railing walls but at least the structure is correct for drawings.