Multiple Copy: Offset Between Copies when Dragging

Candice_Leff

Hi CA universe-

I am a new user (first run at the software was at the CA Academy in September), and I am having trouble understanding how to set up the multiple copy feature. My goal is to offset an object 1-1/2" apart with 20 copies of the primary object. 

In playing with the feature, I can only seem to get a solid block (with no offset space between my objects). I have tried in Plan View, Elevation View, and 3d. No success in any. 

Any direction is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Candice

Using the Multiple Copy command you can set the Primary Offset of objects in this dbx:

post-95-0-31679000-1444841069_thumb.png

Using the Transform/Replicate command you can set the number of copies and offset in this dbx:

post-95-0-07309100-1444841083_thumb.png

These are the methods I commonly use. Someone else may have a better method.

I just purchased Home Designer Pro today.  I can't find Multiple Copy anywhere - it doesn't even come up on the help menu...  Help!

You would probably be best served posting your questions at the HomeTalk forum (the Home Designer product line forum).  This forum is more specifically for Chief Architect users.

You might not actually have that tool in HD Pro.  If you do it would be right here...post-46-0-25055900-1445487563_thumb.png

It shows up in the Help files for me.  Again, it might not be available for you though.  I'm not sure...

post-46-0-20360900-1445487609_thumb.png

You would probably be best served posting your questions at the HomeTalk forum (the Home Designer product line forum).  This forum is more specifically for Chief Architect users.

You might not actually have that tool in HD Pro.  If you do it would be right here...attachicon.gifMC.png

It shows up in the Help files for me.  Again, it might not be available for you though.  I'm not sure...

attachicon.gifMC help.png

That makes a lot of sense - thanks for the tip.  Enjoy your day in Alaska!