Can I download to a new computer?

BoCRon

I started playing with the trial version a month or so ago. I was really starting to get it and was about to pull the trigger on a purchase when my iMac seemed to implode. We think it was due to a power issue and are hoping our insurance will cover a new desktop. In the meantime I'm on an MacBook Pro and really want to get started on my house plans. If I buy the $99 version and load it on my MacBook am I limited to using it on this only or can I move stuff over to the new desktop once we settle up with our insurance. I'm guessing a few weeks to a month before I can get a new one picked out and ready to go. 

How hard is it to move stuff around or should I just be patient?

Annette

Hi Annette,

While you can only have Home Designer active on one computer at a time, you can install it on multiple computers, and then activate it on whichever computer you wish to use.

For more information on this process, please view the following article: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01028/installing-home-designer-on-multiple-computers.html.

If you have any other questions about using Home Designer on multiple computers, please don't hesitate to call us at 208-292-3400.

Alex Parenti

Chief Architect Technical Support