ROOF EXPERTS

Sweeney

Hello all, 

Trying to accomplish the attached detail for rafter tails.  Any and all recommendations will help. 

I have been messing around with sub-fascias and overhang sizes, trying to learn how Chief "thinks" but coming up short

Thanks as always

Austin 

P.S. The roof is 16-12 

post-6822-0-88876800-1444742435_thumb.jpg

Thompson.plan

Austin,

I pulled back the overhang, and adjusted the baseline height, made sure to rebuild framing.

I had to mess around a little to get this, you may need to do the same.

Edit: You might have to rebuild roofs again to get the birds mouth correct...I'm not sure if there is a way after the fact. Also, change the room type exterior to the knee wall to "Attic"

post-82-0-06070800-1444750303_thumb.jpg

Mike illustrates what I often point out and that is that software does not "think". It is preprogrammed but in the end is merely a mechanical device that the end user operates through settings and procedures to obtain a result. It is then a matter of study and practice to then master the tool that is Chief Architect Premier.

DJP

Austin,

I pulled back the overhang, and adjusted the baseline height, made sure to rebuild framing.

I had to mess around a little to get this, you may need to do the same.

Edit: You might have to rebuild roofs again to get the birds mouth correct...I'm not sure if there is a way after the fact. Also, change the room type exterior to the knee wall to "Attic"

Nice work Mike.