Annotation Sets - Wendy's oob mods and instructions

WendyatArtform

Ah-righty - one more try here.  I'm uploading some videos to Youtube that I think will be more helpful.  What I did was start with a Chief template as shipped and modify it to provide what I believe is missing and fix what's confusing - but without wholesale changing the Text layer, Dimensions, Manual layer etc.  iow, I tried to correct and build, not do scorched earth.  The first video examines Chief oob and one of mine.  But the "how" video stays close to oob. 

I'll add the link when I have it.  I'm doing this post first, so I can get this link to post there - 'cause this is where I'm uploading the accompanying files.  

And here are the Youtube links.  Let me know if these are better, if I missed anything I hit in the first group...?

OK - they are up, with sound:

The tour:  https://youtu.be/D32bipNM4Nk

The How: https://youtu.be/raY14hun7j4

Wendy Anno Lesson YouTube.zip

Larry took the words out of my mouth... I couldn't agree more!!!  ;)

Thank you Wendy for dedicating your time doing this, for sharing your knowledge and all that good stuff... I so appreciate for you contribution to this community, as  everyone else's for that matter... I can built a custom home in my sleep but I can't figure out this damn annotations  :angry:  so this videos are great help to me... Thank you again for that!

P.S. any ideas how to connect a DVD player?  :)

• 5 months later...

This was very helpful - thank you again Wendy.

Is there a way to have your CD 1/4" have all of the existing dimensions and text become 1/8" values?  Say you have 1/4" drawings but you want to have the same drawings print at 1/8" or some other scale...

You need a 1/8" Scale Annoset with the appropriate Text Styles.  Then you need to create those elements with that Annoset active. 

Changing the Annoset for something that's already been annotated has no effect.  The settings in the Active Defaults controls the real world size of the text and dimensions as they are created only.

Is there a way to have your CD 1/4" have all of the existing dimensions and text become 1/8" values?  Say you have 1/4" drawings but you want to have the same drawings print at 1/8" or some other scale.

You can do this in layout for dimensions, but not for text.

Open the Layout Box Specification dbx...General panel...Dimensions...Number Height.

I think it only works for plan views though - no elevations or sections.

Actually, I have found a way to do this but you have to have a 1/8" Scale Layerset and the various Annotation Layers must have a defined Text Style for the 1/8" Scale and all the annotations have to be "Use Layer Set for Text Style".  When you change the Layout Box Layerset, the text annotations will change. 

Note:  This will not work for Rich Text.  It will work for Dimensions, Text, Arrows, Callouts and Markers.

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on the forum for a while, but came back to browse and saw your videos.  I watched the one where you add the garage, and you created a room label that had macros for floor and ceiling height, so that at a glance you could know if something was out of line.  I can't believe I never thought of this.  So now I have one set up as a cad block that I will be using all the time.  THANKS!