Layout Templates

70buddy

Hey guys, I am looking into setting up layout template pages to make it easier for later projects. Wanting to know if anyone has a set for me to look at for reference or to use. I know this is a lot of work to setup, but in the long run it will be easier down the road. I'm using X7. Appreciate your help.

Thanks Buddy

I'm always setting mine up, it never ends.

That is so true,  and it is not a bad thing,  it just means we are constantly fine tuning our methods.

A big lesson to learn,  and this was my thought 10 years ago when I started using the program... and that is...... it does not have to be perfect today.....  it will never be perfect.....  I will constantly be fine tuning the methodology.........  but for every tweak I make...... I will be quicker at completing the subsequent project.

Now if CA ever makes auto updatable elevations an option..... I swear....,..   it will increase my productivity by 10%.

Do you hear that CA? .....  10% my brothers.....  auto updatable elevations  will be the bomb ......  

70Buddy,  point is,  you will always be modifying your templates/SAM's,  learn how to use anno sets and it will be a no brainer,  something that will not effect your work flow,  learn to be flexible,  learn that you  will  not have the perfect layer set,  your methodology is ever evolving.  

Sorry, no sarcasm intended.....The best way to learn a program is to do it yourself, but I guess I'm just looking for a starting point on where to begin....No sarcasm intended...thanks for the advice.

Well,  when it comes to layouts,  what I find very useful is to use anno sets/layer sets to create different LAYOUT BORDERS.  By toggling from one anno set to the next you can define your border (depending on the client) and you can also define the size of the border depending on the size of the paper you are going to use for a particular project.

Some people might advocate a different LAYOUT FILE TEMPLATE  for each client and for each size of printable paper,  but by using anno sets and layer sets you can have a multitude of different PROJECT BORDERS and PAPER SIZES all within ONE LAYOUT TEMPLATE.

It did look like( looking at your 1st post) that you wanted someone to give you their layout, that someone has been working on for many years. FYI, all of us have different anno-sets and you really should develop your own to get it exactly the way you work. I think you want plan anno-sets not layout.

Well,  when it comes to layouts,  what I find very useful is to use anno sets/layer sets to create different LAYOUT BORDERS.  By toggling from one anno set to the next you can define your border (depending on the client) and you can also define the size of the border depending on the size of the paper you are going to use for a particular project.

Some people might advocate a different LAYOUT FILE TEMPLATE  for each client and for each size of printable paper,  but by using anno sets and layer sets you can have a multitude of different PROJECT BORDERS and PAPER SIZES all within ONE LAYOUT TEMPLATE.

Hey Scott,

Sounds really interesting...

Do you think you could post a video to show how you are using anno sets in this unique way? With all of the recent discussion about anno sets, a video like yours would go a long way, I believe, in helping to demonstrate the versatility and usefulness of anno sets within Chief: why it is worth the pain and effort to try to include them in your work.

Thanks

Hey Scott,

Sounds really interesting...

Do you think you could post a video to show how you are using anno sets in this unique way? With all of the recent discussion about anno sets, a video like yours would go a long way, I believe, in helping to demonstrate the versatility and usefulness of anno sets within Chief: why it is worth the pain and effort to try to include them in your work.

Thanks

Okay Mickey Too,  down and dirty and quick.....  hang on to your seats....  

https://youtu.be/CZff40HMQX0