Looking for help on a mostly complete plan

Hitchmano

I have been working for about two weeks on this plan and was hoping to get some help to see if I have missed anything before we begin to move forward to building the plan.   The house will be built on a 1/2 acre waterfront lot with about a 5 degree slope from front to back.  The pool area will be in a screen enclosure.  Since it is a one story home I did not see a reason for leaving any chases/mechanical space in the main part of the home.  You can download a copy of the plan at the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74128/The%20Final%20Plan.plan

The Final Plan.plan

Your second bedroom has no closet, otherwise I see nothing that requires attention. You do NOT need an Architect to finish, you have already do the Architecting yourself. You do need a structural Engineer Licensed in your State to design the foundation.

DJP

I have been working for about two weeks on this plan and was hoping to get some help to see if I have missed anything before we begin to move forward to building the plan.   The house will be built on a 1/2 acre waterfront lot with about a 5 degree slope from front to back.  The pool area will be in a screen enclosure.  Since it is a one story home I did not see a reason for leaving any chases/mechanical space in the main part of the home.  You can download a copy of the plan at the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74128/The%20Final%20Plan.plan

If you are not on a strict budget,  if I were in your position,  I would definitely consult a professional.

There are some nice features and some nice design ideas....  I like the laundry off the closet......  but there is so much that can be done to improve the plan that a professional can help you with.

Bad design features:

-   Refrigerator too far from kitchen triangle

-   a bedroom without any windows or egress

-   no window in laundry

-  no windows in master baath

-   there could be french doors from master bed to  porch

-   you should get window in front of house at kitchen

these are the major items I would address.....  but truly,  get a pro involved,  the additional cost will be worth it.

If you are not on a strict budget,  if I were in your position,  I would definitely consult a professional.

There are some nice features and some nice design ideas....  I like the laundry off the closet......  but there is so much that can be done to improve the plan that a professional can help you with.

Bad design features:

-   Refrigerator too far from kitchen triangle

-   a bedroom without any windows or egress

-   no window in laundry

-  no windows in master baath

-   there could be french doors from master bed to  porch

-   you should get window in front of house at kitchen

these are the major items I would address.....  but truly,  get a pro involved,  the additional cost will be worth it.

Thanks for the input.  I really appreciate it. 

One of the bedrooms has two closets but no access from the bedroom only access from the exterior rear.  Is this a storage area or a closet?.  Garage has no second means of egress/ingress i.e. door or window.  I would suggest both unless for some reason you do not want to add a door other than just the garage doors.  Windows on the front side would add extra lighting.  Just my opinion.

I will "help" you with the plan, fix some real issues I see, build you a construction set of plans and if it is in an area that will allow me to do the prescriptive structural on it I will do that too.

It will cost of course and be money well spent.

Andy.