Brick pattern disappeared in plan view

TennVol

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I'm working on a brick rancher and all of a sudden today, the brick hatch pattern on the plan disappeared.  It shows up in elevations, but not on the plan.  The door and window openings still show correctly, but no brick line. I tried turning on all the layers, but still nothing. Drew a new brick wall and no brick pattern showing there either.  What the heck?!?!  Any ideas?

I opened an earlier version of the drawing and the pattern appears just fine.  I'm sure it was operator error, but I don't for the life of me know what I did.  First time I've ever run into this.

• Solution

When you turn on all layers, you are turning on the "Walls, Main Layer Only" layer.

If you have a brick veneer wall or similar, you will only see the main layer and not the brick veneer layer.

To see all your wall layers, this layer needs to be turned off.

I think this option needs to be changed and not controlled by a layer - it's not logical.

• Upvote 1

When you turn on all layers, you are turning on the "Walls, Main Layer Only" layer.

If you have a brick veneer wall or similar, you will only see the main layer and not the brick veneer layer.

To see all you wall layers, this layer needs to be turned off.

I think this option needs to be changed and not controlled by a layer - it's not logical.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!   That was the problem.  I agree with you, that doesn't need to be a "layer".  Honestly, I never even knew that one was there. As I sometimes do in othercad, I turned all the layers on to find which layer I needed. Not knowing that layer was there, I did it to myself. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.  As usual, this board rocks!

Hi Perry,

No, not on the payroll - I wish.

With Chief, I have learnt most things the hard way!

I wish they would change this.

You turn on all layers and some things get turned off!!!

I wanna know,.....- whooooooo's responsible? :wacko:

• Upvote 1