Cross section Pattern/Hatch fill?

johnny

Auto Detail should do this, based on the pattern (not texture) specified for the material.

Is there a way to customize those settings?  Say I had beam I wanted to show a wood grain pattern/hatch on - can I set the auto-detail to do that?  Same thing for counters, cabinets, flooring etc etc...

Is there a way to customize those settings?  Say I had beam I wanted to show a wood grain pattern/hatch on - can I set the auto-detail to do that?  Same thing for counters, cabinets, flooring etc etc...

No,  the fill is limited to certain objects.......  I suppose that would be monolithic,  i.e.  terrain,  concrete slabs,  walls (not monolithic),  

not cabinets,  not end grain,  not counters,  flooring? don't think so,    

great question,  would be nice for a pattern for a section thru cabinets,  counters tops..... 

Scott's right.  You can specify a pattern/fill for cabinets, countertops and some other items, but those only works in Plan View.  For those things I generally use a "Mask" in Sections.

Thanks guys - curious what a mask is though in sections...?

Mark,

That is not changing the pattern fill that displays in section with Auto Detailing - that is changing the pattern on the objects faces that will display in a vector view.

In your Define Material dbx, change your preview from a Standard to Vector view and you will see what I mean. 

Johnny,

You can only show pattern fills that display in section with Auto Detail for structural objects like walls, slabs, floor/ceiling platforms and Material Regions.

Cut fills used by the Auto Detail, use the fill style used in the material definition for that object. 

Additionally you can also specify Insulation (which is not a standard fill pattern) for wall layers (wall definition dbx) and platform layers (Structure definition dbx - Check Auto detail as Insulation) instead of the material fill pattern.