Layout Background vs Main App

johnny

Johnny,

I don't think that you can have different background colors in plan and layout.

BUT in layout you can go to File...Print Preview and check it on. 

This will give you white sheets for the printed page size which I think is what you are after.

In layout I would prefer to see a white background to represent a clean paper appearance - and better judge my print results from that screen.  Can I set a difference layout background from the main app?

Just to clarify...

Are you using something other than a white background in plan?  And if so, do you have "Show Drawing Sheet In View" checked in layout?

Just to clarify...

Are you using something other than a white background in plan? And if so, do you have "Show Drawing Sheet In View" checked in layout?

I'm using a grey background in plan just to make it easier on my eyes. The problem is that i have shades of grey I use for certain things and it was hard to tell how dark the shades where relative to printing on a white sheet.

Also, I appreciate your suggestion Glenn, but I actually had figured a way to go around this by placing a large white rectangle around the sheet on "0"...so every page looks correct to me and white doesn't print.

Thanks again! (below is example).

post-75-0-47976000-1444240462_thumb.jpg

Johnny,

Also, I appreciate your suggestion Glenn, but I actually had figured a way to go around this by placing a large white rectangle around the sheet on "0"...so every page looks correct to me and white doesn't print.

Isn't that the same as Print Preview, but without having to manually place a white sheet?

Print Preview is the tool that comes with Chief to do this.