Exterior Wall DetailA

Sweeney

Any thoughts on how to achieve the change of material between windows? Poly solids? Just wanted to put it out "on the line" to see if there was a better/faster way.

Attached is a photo of the existing home 

Thanks!

Austin 

post-6822-0-11636200-1443799291_thumb.jpg

I have to say, the wall material region tool is very cool.  

Agreed.  The one fairly notable problem I have with them is that like custom backsplashes, they don't behave properly at exterior corners.  They are tied to the wall and therefore won't display past the exterior corner which means they don't overlap each other.  I would use those tools a whole lot more if that issue would get fixed.  I know I can fill in that outside corner with any number of methods, but its still a pain and shouldn't be necessary.

Besides that though...yes...very cool tool...same goes for floor material region (I suspect a vastly underused capability).   

Agreed.  The one fairly notable problem I have with them is that like custom backsplashes, they don't behave properly at exterior corners.  They are tied to the wall and therefore won't display past the exterior corner which means they don't overlap each other.  I would use those tools a whole lot more if that issue would get fixed.  I know I can fill in that outside corner with any number of methods, but its still a pain and shouldn't be necessary.

Besides that though...yes...very cool tool...same goes for floor material region (I suspect a vastly underused capability).   

Since you brought it up, I'm finding many things that seem to behave oddly at the corners - even windows and doors.  I often have to move the wall out in length, move my item, and move the wall back again.  Whatever constraint that is would be nice to have it less an issue.

I'm sorry Johnny, shouldn't have any affect on your previous statement, however I just realized I made a poor choice in words.  I should have said OUTSIDE corners (as in the sharp corner that always gets dented), not EXTERIOR corners (as in the inside corner of an exterior wall where cobwebs form).