Stairs - how do you show one stair under another?

DenisonDrywall

I have a stair that goes up to the upper level and then the stair to the basement going down starts on the opposite end.  How do i show that in plan on the main floor - that there are two sets of stairs overlapping each other? 

I can't get the my stair to the garage to 'autostairwell' so the stairs shows up on the main level.

i uploaded an image

Thanks,

post-1165-0-13983200-1443634586_thumb.png

Draw your steps on the floor you want them on and in the direction you want them to go, then select the room that goes to the basement and select open below and all should be there, one thing you might have to do is make your stairs no fill so you see the stairs below, or do your basement stairs and use the auto stair well tool after you draw the stairs

I do it like Joey's 2nd example of the turnback stairs, even on the straight ones. I take the break symbol, copy it, draw the 2-extra lines on the ends to turn it into a closed polyline, add fill, good to go. You could, of course, edit a rectangle - same end result. This method looks much more professional to me.

Mike

I think notes alone suffice.  I personally think that those break lines only add confusion.  Its really hard to tell what they mean unless you already know what they mean.

Something as simple as an arrow with...

-"To 2nd floor"

-"To basement"

-"To first floor"

-Etc.

...should work just fine.

Maybe an additional or alternate note like...

-"Stacked stairwells"

-"(Stairwell to basement below)"

-"(Stairwell to 2nd floor above)"

-Etc.

Beyond that, anyone that reads the plans should be able to find out pretty quickly when they read through the various floor plans and elevations that the stairwells are stacked. 

I have a problem related to this. When having drawn the stairs, they do seem to be complete, but I don´t really see an opening on the above floor where the stair opening is supposed to be, it´s just a plain carpet over it.

Anyone know which setting is causing this?

I have a problem related to this. When having drawn the stairs, they do seem to be complete, but I don´t really see an opening on the above floor where the stair opening is supposed to be, it´s just a plain carpet over it.

Anyone know which setting is causing this?

Probably best to start a new thread and post the plan.

I would also suggest you watch a few tutorials, read through the reference manual, and/or use "Help".  We're totally willing to help you out but this is one of those things that is covered pretty well elsewhere and requires that you understand how stairs work (including all the necessary steps to properly model them). 

In short though, I suspect you either haven't created a room on that upper floor for your stairwell (which can optionally be done using the Auto Stairwell tool) or that room definition has either been changed or was set up incorrectly to start with (Room Type needs to be Open Below).