WALL COLORS

briang552014

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hi everybody,

I have been using chief for a very long time, but I still come across this issue. I need rock around the stove area and the fireplace, but no matter what i do, it shows as the default paint color. If I add a stone wall in another room, it works fine. can someone please help. Driving me crazy.

Thank you Brian

MONCRIEF 1.plan

Hi everybody,

I have been using chief for a very long time, but I still come across this issue. I need rock around the stove area and the fireplace, but no matter what i do, it shows as the default paint color. If I add a stone wall in another room, it works fine. can someone please help. Driving me crazy.

Thank you Brian

As Shane said... Would be a good idea to post the plan. In the meantime, are you trying to paint the walls, use a material region, use a polyline solid, add a wallcovering, moulding...?

Brian,

Try changing the interior and exterior wall materials from the plan's 'default' to your csv2021t. Sometimes if a wall gets painted there's no retrieving it, not saying that's what happened, but if you change the interior and exterior wall materials in the materials dbx your stone texture returns. Only tried the fireplace but might work elsewhere as well.

Eric, I think it's the 'default' material and the wall might have gotten painted at some point. If you change the interior and exterior wall material from default to the stone material csv...it works perfectly as it should. Not in the wall dbx, but in the material tab. Learned that about many moons ago from that would be smarter about such things.

...and did you define a new wall, in Brian's plan, by copying the/an old wall that had the same default material? Sometimes the default setting will mess things up.

And wait, I'm pretty sure Glenn is awake and he can set it straight.

• Solution

Hey Brian,

Open the room>Materials>Walls>Select Material>Use Default Material.

I think at some point you may have painted the walls or changed the material through the room dbx. In which case I believe the ROOM will control the wall material from that point forward...until you check "Use Default Material".

• Upvote 2

Hey Brian, Open the room>Materials>Walls>Select Material>Use Default Material. I think at some point you may have painted the walls or changed the material through the room dbx. In which case I believe the ROOM will control the wall material from that point forward...until you check "Use Default Material".

I think that was the method I was searching for. It works with the method I described but I think this method is faster/better.

Hey Brian, Open the room>Materials>Walls>Select Material>Use Default Material. I think at some point you may have painted the walls or changed the material through the room dbx. In which case I believe the ROOM will control the wall material from that point forward...until you check "Use Default Material".

Michael, this didn't work when I tried it. I tried it wrong DOH. I selected the wall not the room. Nice.