Programmable Mouse

BuildingDesigner

I have an older Logitech Programmable Mouse that I use all the time.  Wireless connection with a few programmable buttons.  Uses a regular AA battery.  Was looking at upgrading today and what I could fined had rechargeable batteries that only lasted about 12 hours.  My current mouse lasts for weeks without having to replace plus no docking station required.

Suggestions?

I have been there, with my mx518 and others; although it is corded (I have never been a fan of battery mice). If you like programmable and can get past the inertia of upgrading, and can get used to a cord the G600 is hard to beat. Your settings stay with the mouse, so no need to setup for different machines.

Well if you are going to look into the G600, here are some screen shots of my settings to help you decide.  There are a lot of keys to remember, and it can seem overwhelming, but eventually you can get used to everything.  If you use keyboard short cuts, it is simply a matter of shifting the hot keys to the mouse.

On my main setting I have - open object (cntl+e), undo, esc., line break, amoung others mapped to keys which I find very useful. 

For the electrical mode I created new hot keys for all the tools like switch (cntl+shift+alt+s), or connection (cntl+shift+alt+c). etc.

In the number mode I can use the mouse as a number pad to enter dimensions or I use them as hot keys that I have reordered, e.g.  turning on bumping & pushing with 1, joining roof planes 2 ( obviously already existed, but useful nonetheless), Break wall is mapped to 4,  Copy/paste hold position 5, etc.

post-59-0-69759100-1444070962_thumb.jpg

post-59-0-48241900-1444070973_thumb.jpg

post-59-0-86624900-1444071019_thumb.jpg