Roofs and disapperaing windows

bnharch

Need some help with an issue in X-6. When I place a roof over a section of my top floor, some of the windows are disappering in the exterior elevation view, although they are still in the plan view. In the interior elevation view, the windows can be seen, but the view is of plywood sheathing.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Just a wild guess here, but I'm thinking maybe you had an exterior wall with "No Room Definition" checked and that an auto built Attic Wall was automatically built in the same location.  Again, would be much much easier to figure out with a plan.  Just make sure to close the plan before trying to attach it.   

It seems to me that the walls in the curved portion are not aligned exactly with the wall below.  On a previous project with curved walls i found that copying the walls (including the adjacent ones and then paste in place on the second floor worked well.

At the Front Entry and billiard room - the second floor windows have siding cutting through them - If you open the first floor wall you will notice the wall is a bit off angle (179.575572°) that is not parallel to the wall above (180). Adjust the wall angle to 180, and then "align with wall above/below". 

Nice catch Mark.

There are definitely a handful of other little things that could be fixed, but your problem as Mark pointed out was the slightly off angle/misaligned walls. The lower wall was automatically building all the way to the roof because it wasn't properly aligned with the wall above.

P.S. I gave you a point for posting the plan. Thank you. It almost always saves tons of time.