Windows 10

Thad58

I've been using Windows 10 for several weeks now. While I don't see any major flaws with it, I'm not overly impressed with the change. It seems reliable, but given the short time I've used it, I am still being cautious. I wouldn't encourage anyone to move to Windows 10. But I don't see any compelling reason to try to talk you out of it. There have been some notable issues that early adopters have hit, such as bad video and other drivers. I think for the most part those problems have been resolved, but given the very large range of hardware out there don't be surprised if you hit a snag on the upgrade.

We think that Chief is solid on Windows 10. We don't have any evidence to suggest that there are any issues that aren't also issues on older operating systems. However, given the fairly short time that it has been out there it is possible that there are issues that have not been discovered. If you do find a problem with Chief using Windows 10 please let our support team know.

Have been running Windows 10 and X7 for sveral weeks. No problems with Chief so far. However, upgrading was not as smooth as it should have been. Have 4 systems, 2 upgraded without any problem, the other 2 did not go so well. Finally got one of them upgraded properly but still have one with issues. No data loss but some windows functions are not working as they should, specifically the start menu & notifications. Just make sure to keep your former windows version for a while just in case you need to roll-back.

Graham