Two story home with single story garage

DB_Construction

Ok, I'm a noob, but there has to be a simple way to do this and I can't find a post or video with the explanation.  I'm drawing a typical two story home with a single story attached garage.  Part of the home wraps around the rear of the garage and is also single story.  What is the easy method to build a partial second floor on the home and build a roof over the garage?  I have a feeling I'm making this harder than it is, but have only been working with CA for a couple days.

Daniel, the hardest way to learn Chief Architect is while you are under pressure to complete a project. It is easier on you to first learn how to use the software and its many tools and settings on simple test plans and then apply your new earned skills to an actual project.

In order to offer specific help, I need to better understand in detail, what you are doing-trying to do.

DJP

I'm not under pressure at this point, I'm trying to recreate a house just as a learning experience to get my head around the program before we introduce the pressure :) .  I bought CA back in 2004 and tried to use it to design a house I had sold.  Tried to learn under pressure, looked like an idiot and lost the build.  Sold my CA and said not for me.  As business has progressed I find myself extremely sick of drafting boards and pencils so I am trying again, but this time am trying to learn before I start an actual project. Per CJ's reply I looked at the sample plans and found that they do have instructional videos for how to create them.  This is exactly what I needed at this point to begin to explore the different specifics of the program.  I have already designed a pole barn, which covered a whole array of custom framing manipulation in different views and taught me a great deal.  I think this go round with CA is going to be a very different experience than the last one.  Thanks for the patience dealing with a rookie.  Hopefully I can get to a place of confidence this time and figure this program out so I can throw away my drafting table!

Thanks for the video David, every bit helps.  I even enjoyed looking at how you have your toolbars set up.  I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what this program can do, but hope to get a handle on it.  appreciate everyone out there in the CA community, thats a tremendous resource.