Aluminum Railing Horizontal balusters ?

ACADuser

I need to draw am entry stair with 6 or 8 steps with round aluminum rails but the cable rail panel has too small a cable.

I need 3/4 or 1" horizontal members.

Am I stuck with the molding tool?

Can you even draw angled molding stacked or all needs to be individual members?

The way I do it is to draw a line in an elevation then convert it to a molding (3D molding) and assign the molding and like it as wide as you want. Then I copy it down. The reason I copy them is so that I can control the lengths at the bottom where it meets the post. Just adding multiple moldings to one molding line really doesn't work because it won't line up right at the bottom post. Once I place them, I'll put them on its own layer and lock it so I don't mess with them. Everything is done in an elevation. 

post-66-0-55016400-1443015103_thumb.jpg

The way I do it is to draw a line in an elevation then convert it to a molding (3D molding) and assign the molding and like it as wide as you want. Then I copy it down. The reason I copy them is so that I can control the lengths at the bottom where it meets the post. Just adding multiple moldings to one molding line really doesn't work because it won't line up right at the bottom post.

Tommy,

No need to use a separate molding polyline for each rail.

You can stack multiple moldings on the one  molding polyline AND control the "verticality" of the ends.

Add another line section to each end of the polyline and uncheck Molding on Selected Edge for those line sections.

You can then tilt them to control the vertical angle at the railing ends, like this:

http://screencast.com/t/eo1uGzesnfTH

Genius at work....  again....  thanks Glenn.......  

however,  I am not sure why a symbol used as a panel for a railing at stairs would  not work  just as well or better.

I think the OP's beef was the cable railing was using small diameter rails whereas he wanted to use 1-1/2" diameter rails......  if that is the case,  create the panel symbol with 1-1/2" dia. rails .....  would also read better in plan and newels may also be employed.