Line Styles

Pkbldr

I have seen a couple line styles in various user's plan posts that I cannot seem to discover how to make or to find. Specifically there is a "Wardrobe" line that that is like a clothes rod with random hanging clothes on it. Datacad has a line style like that that is called Random Light or Random Heavy. There also is a line style that I'd describe as "Wavy" or "Wiggle". It is handy for illustrating Grade outside of a wall and to show a cracked face masonry.

Can someone direct me please?

Thanks,

Toby

I have seen a couple line styles in various user's plan posts that I cannot seem to discover how to make or to find. Specifically there is a "Wardrobe" line that that is like a clothes rod with random hanging clothes on it. Datacad has a line style like that that is called Random Light or Random Heavy. There also is a line style that I'd describe as "Wavy" or "Wiggle". It is handy for illustrating Grade outside of a wall and to show a cracked face masonry.

Can someone direct me please?

Thanks,

Toby

Neither of these are perfect options and I think there are better ways of doing it, but both are sort of possible...

Using CAD>Lines>Create Line Style, you can use dashes (and/or dots) and text (specifically slashes and/or backslashes and capital letter I's set to a relatively tall height come to mind) to get the clothing on a rod look. It won't be random, but if you size and space everything right it can be made to work decently.

For the wavy lines, the closet and quickest thing I can think of is to use either a spline, or a revision cloud (with whatever settings you like) converted to a plain polyline and edited as necessary.

Thanks for that Joey, I had seen you used that in your drawing published on CA's website. As usual there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Attached is a sample of the line styles I mentioned at a 24" spacing, 6' long, from DataCad. They actually have a large number of line types that come standard and make for very nice 2D drawings.

Thanks,

Toby

post-500-0-13894200-1443030959_thumb.jpg